New York University Fellowship offers multiple funded fellowship programs for both domestic and international students which attract funding offers of $1,500 – $2,500.
New York University (NYU) Africa House is fortunate to receive funding from outside donors to offer competitive research grants to current NYU undergraduate and graduate students.
New York University (NYU) Africa House Fellowship is now open for applications.
The program is fortunate to receive funding from external donors to offer six (6) research fellowships for current undergraduate and graduate students seeking funding support for short-term fellowship opportunities.
If you are selected to receive an Africa House Fellowship, you will be required to present your research at Africa House in spring 2025.
Applications closed: March 1, 2024
Value and duration of the award: Funding $1,500 – $2,500
Eligible Countries: international students
- Applicants must be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program at New York University. They will graduate no later than May 2025.
- For Gallatin, undergraduate and graduate students are eligible to apply. Undergraduate students must be between their second and final year and must have at least one (1) full semester of enrollment remaining upon completion of the research project. Graduate students must have completed at least one (1) semester of study and should not already be enrolled in thesis and defense credits.
- Open to students in the field of economics. political economy or related fields of study
- For SPS applicants must be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program in the School of Professional Studies (SPS) at New York University. They will graduate no later than May 2025.
How to use: Interested persons should click on “Apply for this scholarship.” below
Required documents: To apply, applicants must be ready to submit the following documents.
- cover letter
- Course history
- Two (2) letters of recommendation (referees should email letters directly to (email protected))
- A 2-3 page Africa-focused research proposal. The proposal may be your research outline or an ongoing study that will be further enhanced by the fellowship. Proposals should be written for an educated reader. But they are not experts in your field. Proposals should include: Research Questions Thesis/Hypotheses Methodology/design, importance, and budget justification.
- Africa House Membership Application Form (Upload the above mentioned items in the Google form)