pregnant mother Many people may like to use essential oils. from before pregnancy to sleep well and relax But during pregnancy, there may be doubts whether it will affect the baby or not. What kind of essential oil should I use? What is the smell? It will be “not harmful to the baby” Today Akeru has the answer.
What is Aromatherapy?
aromatherapy (Aromatherapy) is a natural treatment or therapy that uses essential oils. The perfume obtained is extracted from plants and herbs. to balance mind and body without drugs In France, doctors sometimes prescribe certain essential oils as medicines.
How to choose essential oils for morning sickness
Morning sickness is one of the problems that affects 50 to 80% of pregnant women and the symptoms like nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite, sensitivity to odors which is very tiring for pregnant mothers Because there is no cure except wait for the morning sickness to pass An essential oil bath can help reduce stomach discomfort and brighten the mood. But you have to choose the perfume you like. And the smell is not harmful to the mother and the baby in the womb.
due to research Chemicals found in perfumes or candles. can cause respiratory diseases such as asthma, lung disease up to the stagecancerYes, and the paraffin that comes out of the candles is also a dangerous substance for mothers. which mothers need to study how to use first to be safe
fragrance that can be used during pregnancy
- Lemon, Bergamot, Orange Perfumes: The refreshing scent of lemon has a mood-boosting effect, improving concentration when feeling sick from morning sickness. You can refresh yourself by smelling the invigorating scent of lemon. Relieves nausea, relieves stress, increases vitality. Try massaging the body, it can help improve the blood circulation system.
- Lavender scent: Helps relax and calm the mind reduce dizziness Taken for a massage it will help relieve fatigue of hard working muscles and induce good sleep.
- Eucalyptus scent: Helps relieve nasal congestion, allergic air, makes breathing easier. Solve the mother’s discomfort. Since the smell is strong enough, it should be dripped a little on a cloth or cotton. Inhaling a little is enough.
- Jasmine scent: Help you relax, relieve anxiety, ease your mind. calm Overcomes postpartum depression May help reduce breastfeeding symptoms.
- Sandalwood scent: Helps calm, invigorate, relax calm mind. Helps skin to be hydrated.
- Grape: The fresh, tangy, tart scent of grapefruit has a refreshing effect. It has a deodorant effect
- Bergamot: It is an evergreen tree of the Rutaceae family and has a citrus scent. Besides being refreshing, it also has a calming effect.
Perfumes that pregnant women shouldn’t use
These odors are not harmful to the body. But with its strong enough smell It can cause nausea in the mother, for example
- scent of roses
- Thyme scent
- scent of winter green
- Scent of marjoram
- Cinnamon scent
Forbidden and dangerous smells
- Basil scent: Do not use during pregnancy. and during breastfeeding because it has a stimulating effect, causing inflammation and irritation of the skin
- Chamomile scent: Normally, this perfume helps relieve menstrual cramps and thus has an effect on the internal system. Therefore, its use during the first 3 months of pregnancy is prohibited.
- Rosemary scent: It has the effect of stimulating blood circulation. To be safe, it should not be used during the first three months of pregnancy.
light sensitive essential oils
Some essential oils are sensitive to light. Care must be taken because essential oils of this type can be harmful to the skin, for example when exposed to UV rays they can cause sunburn and dark spots. If aromatherapy massage with these perfumes It is recommended to stay overnight to avoid exposure to the sun. or stir while bathing, etc.
Aromatherapy also helps to relax the body and mind. But before each use, mums, don’t forget to consider the safety for you and your baby in the womb. If you still need the use of candles Recommended to be candles from DIY soy wax candles. Or beeswax candles, etc., because these types of candles cause no burn pollution and generate less soot than paraffin candles, sure enough.