Humphrey Fellowship Program, a Fulbright Exchange Program Building connections between U.S. leaders and abroad to develop solutions to the most pressing global challenges. From fighting climate change to protecting human rights increase access to education and create global health security
The Humphrey Fellowship Program was established in 1978 to honor the late Senator and Vice President Hubert H. Humphrey. President Jimmy Carter announced the establishment of the Humphrey Fellowship Program in Venezuela with the aim of creating programs that embody the values of democracy. social justice and a desire to help the world’s developing countries.
The Humphrey Fellowship Program is a Fulbright exchange activity. which is funded by the U.S. Department of State and administered by the International Education Institute
This fellowship is a 10-month program offered to mid-career professionals with a proven record of leadership. Have a commitment to public service and the ability to take advantage of self-defined programs of independent, non-degree study at top U.S. universities.
Applications closed: Varies from country to country
Value and duration of the award: The Humphrey Fellowship is a fully funded opportunity.
Eligible Countries: international students
Check country qualifications here.
- Be a citizen of an eligible country
- Have a bachelor’s degree (first university or bachelor’s degree)
- Have at least five years of full-time professional experience.
- Demonstrate leadership qualities and a record of public service in the community.
- Limited experience in the United States
- Demonstrate English language proficiency
How to use: Applicants must apply through the United States Embassy. (Public Affairs Department) or Binational Fulbright Committee in their country
Interested persons should click on “Apply for this scholarship.” below
Required documents: The application must include:
- Answer all questions completely. The essay response in English must address the applicant’s needs in detail.
- Two reference letters in English Must be from the applicant’s current employer.
- Official transcripts in English: Ensure that all transcripts uploaded by applicants are official and accurate documents. Transcripts must indicate courses taken and grades received. An associate degree is required to be uploaded only if the transcript does not show evidence that the degree was earned.