Illinois Wesleyan is able to offer merit-based scholarships and need-based financial aid to international students in their first year of study. Students who are not U.S. citizens or U.S. permanent residents are considered international students.
Merit-based scholarships are awarded to qualified international applicants who demonstrate outstanding academic achievement and test scores on the required entrance exams. Meanwhile, Presidential Scholarships are awarded to highly qualified international students based on their abilities, interests, and academic achievement.
print: Bachelor’s degree
Applications closed: February 15, 2024
Value and duration of the award:
- Merit awards range from $16,000 to $30,000 per year and are renewable for up to four years for students who have completed an application for admission.
- Each year, two fully-funded Presidential Scholarships are awarded to highly qualified international students based on their talents, interests, and academic achievement.
Eligible Countries: international students
- Being an international student
- Meet the university’s English language requirements.
- Complete the application before the deadline.
How to use: Interested persons should click on “Apply for this scholarship.” below
- application form
- Transcripts for all previous high school and/or college courses.
- application essay
- Teacher evaluation or recommendation (For those using CommonApp, the evaluation section of the school report is subject to this requirement. but additional letters are welcomed)
- ACT/SAT scores or personal interview (for supplementary testing)
- International students whose first or native language is not English are still required to submit TOEFL or IELTS test results.