If you like to travel in style You can earn rewards when you spend with the Starwood Preferred Guest Amex Credit Card. It’s also one of the best travel credit cards. Read on to discover more about it!
Overview of Starwood Preferred Guest
Starwood Preferred Guest, an award-winning loyalty program that is part of Marriott International, Inc., is now launching SPG Mobile Check-In for members at 22 U.S. hotels.
Starwood Preferred Guest is an innovative and award-winning frequent flyer program. It connects 11 iconic luxury hotel brands across more than 1,300 hotels in 95 countries and territories around the world.
SPG reinvented the hospitality loyalty landscape when it launched in 1999 with a progressive policy of never closing.
However, over the years, SPG has continued its tradition of innovation with improvements such as Cash Plus Points, Your24, SPG Lifetime, SPG Moments, and late check-out at 4:00 PM when available.
SPG also offers conference and travel professionals the opportunity to earn rewards including Star points and Elite status through SPG Pro.
SPG is continually committed to meeting the needs of today’s connected global travelers. It leverages a must-have mobile app for iPhone, iPad, and Android that uses state-aware technology to create a personalized hotel stay.
Following Marriott’s merger with Starwood Hotels & Resorts, the Marriott and Starwood loyalty programs were combined and restructured.
In February 2019, the SPG Card was renamed the Marriott Bonvoy American Express Card, all of which has helped SPG build an active membership base among the world’s most frequent travelers.
Key points of the Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card
- Unsurprisingly, this card secures top rewards for SPG members and those who use Starwood and Marriott hotels and resorts.
- You can earn points from all your spending. with higher rewards than those obtained by staying with a group
- The best redemption opportunities come in the form of free nights at Marriott hotels and free flights.
- All of this comes with the benefits attached to a high-end American Express card and a welcome offer of 30,000 bonus points when you spend £1,000 in the first three months. (Depends on qualifications) Just watch out for the £75 annual fee.
- You should know that you can get many five-star benefits when using the Starwood guest credit card.
This card is packed with value. Includes a free annual night which easily covers the annual fee. Merger between Starwood-Marriott This gives you a wide selection of hotels to choose from.
Advantages and disadvantages of the Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card
- Points never expire as long as the card is used every 24 months.
- Never die
- There is no limit to the number of points you can earn.
- Cash + Points option available at participating hotels.
- Points can be transferred to various partner airlines in a 1:1 ratio.
- Multiple redemption options Including hotel stays, upgrades, airline tickets. Vacation packages, cruises, merchandise, gift cards and charitable donations.
- The world’s largest hotel chain
- High yield
- Flexible redemption
- No foreign transaction fees
- Bonus offers for new cardholders
- There is an annual fee.
- Must have good/excellent credit.
- Marriott ratings are somewhat inflated. The value is only 80% of the average score value.
- Points can only be redeemed for travel through the Marriott Rewards program.
- Most redemption options other than hotel stays have very low value.
- Hotels may limit standard room rewards.
Features and requirements
have the right to Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card It’s as easy as you think. To save time The basic requirements are as follows:
- Age 18 years and over
- Current UK bank account or Building Society bank account
- Must have a permanent home address in the UK.
- No history of bad debt
Therefore, you can apply through the American Express website if you are not at fault for any of the above. Your application will take less than 10 minutes and they may respond to you in less than 60 seconds.
You will be required to provide personal information. Include your income and employment details. Register now.
Benefits of the Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card from American Express
- Annual fee: $0 for the first year, then $95
- Ongoing Rewards: 6 points per dollar spent on eligible purchases at participating Starwood and Marriott hotels, and 2 points per dollar spent on all other eligible purchases.
- Foreign transaction fees: do not have.
- Other benefits: Reward free annual nights, automatic Silver Elite status and accelerated path to Gold.
Starwood and Marriott’s loyalty programs are now combined. Points on this card are generally worth less when redeemed at higher-end hotels. And they become more valuable in exchange for more affordable hotels.
No matter how you redeem it. The free night rewards on this card continue to provide solid value. And the rewards offer is in line with other co-branded hotel cards.
So the previous version of the Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card from American Express offered fewer points per dollar across the board. and does not automatically award free nights or elite status.
How do SPG cards compete with other cards?
The Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card is now available with similar annual fee cards, including:
- Hilton Honors American Express Ascend Card
- World of Hyatt Credit Card
- IHG Rewards Club Premier Credit Card
There are some important differences to note. All of these hotel co-branded credit cards offer status, but SPG Amex and Marriott Premier Plus operate in a more flexible way by crediting extra nights instead of specific status levels.
This allows you to use these Elite nights to earn higher Marriott status. If you frequently stay at Marriott hotels
When it comes to earnings, SPG Amex doesn’t have any strong earnings categories. Except for purchases at Starwood and Marriott properties.
Other cards offer bonus points on airline tickets (Hyatt), restaurants (Hilton, Hyatt, IHG), groceries (Hilton, IHG), or gas (Hilton, IHG).
Therefore, you may not want to make this your daily pass. Unless you’re trying to collect Marriott points specifically for redemption.
However, the card offers several valuable perks, such as a free night after each card account anniversary. Internet at Marriott and SPG hotels and many protections that ordinary consumers can take advantage of.
There are also many redemption options available, from hotel stays to transfers to partner airlines.
After looking at your options I’m sure you’ve decided what you’re going to do.
Keep in mind that the excellent Marriott and Starwood credit cards are almost identical. But this card’s waived first-year annual fee may give it an advantage.
Finally, I am sure you found this article helpful. Please share this link and subscribe to this page so that you can get more updates on related posts.