The Texas Tech University Presidential Scholarship is awarded to entering freshmen who demonstrate outstanding academic ability through superior test scores and class ranking. The annual award amount is paid half during the fall semester and the other half during the spring semester. If you are a non-resident receiving a Presidential Scholarship, you will also be eligible to pay in-state tuition.
If a student is eligible for one Presidential Merit Scholarship from the TTU Presidential Scholarship Program, the Presidential Merit Scholarship offer will replace any other Presidential Merit Scholarship offer. The Presidential Merit Scholarship applies only to Texas Tech University academic programs. Texas Tech University education is not transferable to Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (TTUHSC), Texas Tech Costa Rica, or Angelo State University.
print: Bachelor’s degree
Applications closed: April 15, 2024
Value and duration of the award: The annual award amount is paid half during the fall semester and the other half during the spring semester. If you are a non-resident receiving a Presidential Scholarship, you will also be eligible to pay in-state tuition.
Eligible Countries: international country
feature: Beyond test scores and class rank To be eligible for the Texas Tech University Presidential Scholarship, you must be an incoming freshman who is a first-year college student. (College credits earned through dual-credit, CLEP, or AP will not disqualify you.)
You must meet the following requirements throughout your TTU academic career:
- Maintain a cumulative grade point average (GPA) as specified in the tab. MyTech “Terms and Conditions”
- Maintain full-time enrollment in a Texas Tech University academic program and accumulate at least 30 TTU hours per year (verified in May).
- Keep your address, including email address, current on MyTech.
- Write a thank you letter to a scholarship donor when and as directed by the Texas Tech University Scholarship Office.
- Participate in required donor activities.
How to use: Interested persons should click on “Apply for this scholarship.” below