The McGill University Scholarships are committed to selecting academically talented young leaders from all countries to gain access to a world-class university education. with a comprehensive support system to help them succeed
McGill is committed to providing competitive financial support to continue attracting top students to our graduate programs. This support is coupled with Montreal’s low cost of living. This makes graduate study at McGill a smart educational choice.
McGill University Scholarships offer full support with living expenses for graduate students who wish to earn a master’s degree in Canada. McGill’s affordable tuition coupled with Montreal’s low cost of living makes attending graduate school at McGill a good investment in your future.
print: Master’s degree, Doctoral degree
Applications closed: (Please note that application deadlines vary by program.)
Value and duration of the award: The scholarship will provide the following benefits:
- Monthly allowance
- Air tickets
Eligible Countries: international students
feature: All applicants, regardless of country of origin or educational background, must meet these minimum academic requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent degree recognized by McGill University) in a field of study closely related to the subject chosen for graduate study.
- unless otherwise specified The master’s degree program at McGill requires completion of a four-year bachelor’s degree in a related field at a recognized institution. Generally, admission to the doctoral program (PhD) requires completion of a master’s degree in a relevant field at a recognized institution.
- Applicants with outstanding undergraduate qualifications (i.e. B.A.) who have extensive research experience may be admitted to the Doctorate (PhD) program without first completing a Master’s degree. For more information Please see the PhD Admissions webpage 1 (Direct Entry).
- A minimum cumulative grade point average (cGPA) of 3.0 out of a possible 4.0, or a grade point average (GPA) of 3.2 out of 4.0 during the final two years of full-time study. In some departments, a higher CGPA may be required. To enter study Consult your program requirements for details.
- Your academic credentials will be assessed as being equivalent to a McGill University degree. Please see the Degree Equivalency page for more information.
- English language expertise: The main language of instruction at McGill is English. You can prepare a written report, exam or thesis in French. Except where knowledge of English is one of the course objectives. before entering school You may be required to demonstrate an adequate level of English proficiency. For more information Please visit the English language proficiency page.
How to use: Interested persons should click on “Apply for this scholarship.” below
Required documents: To apply for the McGill University MasterCard Scholarship, applicants must be ready to submit the following documents:
- University transcript
- Reference/recommendation letters
- Program specific requirements