Compensation for accidents on escalators
Accidents or falls on escalators They are very common and most people They don’t complain because they don’t know they have the right to it..
Therefore, if you have suffered an accident of this type, our recommendation is that you call us, since the first 72 hours are crucial. We will advise you on the first consultation for FREE and without obligation and, after analyzing your case, it is very likely that we can work successfully.
Before showing you how to collect your compensation for falling on escalators, we want to briefly explain the cases in which, as a citizen, you have the right to complain.
It should be remembered that the most common places where you can suffer an accident of this type are shopping centers, train, metro and bus stationsoffice buildings, public agency buildings.
Compensation for an accident on escalators: yes you can claim
The cases in which you can claim are the following:
- Failure of the stairs due to a poor maintenance of them. Sometimes the steps are worn and slipping can occur. And those steps should have been replaced.
- Electromechanical failure. In other cases, accidents are caused because there is a failure that causes them to change direction, for example.
- Sudden stops. Another very common accident is when the stairs, due to some fault, stop suddenly, causing a failure of inertia in those who circulate on them.
- Poorly marked or unprotected maintenance tasks. When maintenance tasks are carried out on this type of stairs, they must be marked and protected so that no one can fall into the ‘pit’ that they open to operate.
- Defective handrail. Sometimes the rubber of the handrail is not properly attached and it moves, making it impossible to cling to it easily.
It is important that, in the event of suffering or witnessing an accident, you have to quickly press the emergency stop button which is usually located at the beginning or end of the staircase. There are even models that have one in the middle, for greater security.
Steps to follow in case of this type of accident
We have already mentioned that the most important thing is Contact an accident lawyer. He will be in charge of carrying out the entire process in a fair and legal manner, ensuring that you collect your compensation.
At Accident Lawyer we are experts in accidents and our first consultation is free and without obligation. Therefore, if you have suffered an accident, contact us as soon as possible, since the first 72 hours are crucial.
However, the steps to followin addition to contacting a lawyer, are the following:
- If you have injuriesit is necessary to have a Medical part from the same. If necessary, you must call emergencies so that they come to help you at the scene of the accident.
- Consult with the agency in charge of the accident site the video recordings if there were cameras.
- In case of occurrence material damagesuch as tears in clothing, shoes or loss of jewelry or watches, must also be reported.
- Claim to the agency in charge maintenance reports of escalators.
- Ask the witnessessince your testimony could be of great value.
These are the tips to have a better chance of successfully claiming compensation for an escalator accident.
If you want to know in depth how to claim in other types of accidents (car, motorcycle, bicycle, subway, train, etc.), visit our blog.
Don’t hesitate, if you have any questions about your accident or have suffered one, you can contact us:
- By calling directly at 699 318 513.
- You can write in this form and we We will contact you immediately.